Contact phone number
- 4-31-20, 4-03-05
Education department one of the branches of the University responsible for the process of education. The work of the department is based on the Regulations of the university and the department. Education department focuses on the improvement of the educational process, as well on publishing course books and educational resources on the basis of credit system. The Education department as well as other departments of the university aims at:
- Controlling and organizing activities on improvement of the process of education
- Defining the methods of improvement of the quality of education at the university
- Analyzing the efficiency of curriculum
- Facilitation of the process of education
- Organization and control of the process of practical training( internship)
The department of education annually, at the beginning of the year, designs the schedule of the educational activities. The department controls time-table of the classes, the examination process, teacher`s load, class observation, the promotion from one grade to the next according to the schedule. The process of education and teacher`s loads of the university function on the basis of Institution and Higher education manual of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The heads of the department were:Hojiboeva B.A. Shapkin A.I. Voychenko A.P. Boyanov A.V. Hakimova E.V. Kravchenko V.S.Usmonov G.H. Nazarov R.P. Rahmonov Z.P. Ulmasov M.U. Azizov A.A. Yokubov S. Hakimhojaev. S.Saburov M.I. has been working as the head of the Education department since 2016. The staff of the Education department are: the candidate of chemical science, docent, Saburov Muhiddin, candidate of philological science, docent,Rajabov E. senior teachers Mahmudov Ismoiljon, Bobojonova Muhayokhon, Homidova Firuzakhon and assistants Barotova K. and Ergashev Huseinjon. They are making every effort to improve the quality of education. The staff of the department of Khujand state University named after academician Bobojon Gafurov operates based on the massage of the founder of Peace and National Unity, the leader of the Nation, the President of the Republic of Tajikistan, his excellency E. Rahmon, instructions of the Ministry of Education and science of the Republic of Tajikistan and National Control Service of the Education Field and the Board of Science of the University. The department aims at improving the process of education, implementation of new methods of teaching and new technology. The department as one of the main braches of the university which controls the process of education operates on the basis of the regulations of the university and department. The University has 17 faculties and 77 departments (including 5 all-university-departments). 77 specializations are taught on full-time basis. The part-time departments of the university educate 31 specializations, 7 specializations are taught on distance learning basis. The university has 30 laboratories which are considered to be a good background for learning exact and humanitarian science. There are 41 methodical classrooms, 73 recording studios, 4 phonetic studies, 32 laboratories, a television studio, a radio studio, 3 museums, 4 workshops and 41 computer classes. The attendance of the students at full-time department is 97, 74%, and the attendance at part-time department is 93%. There are 904 teachers, 43 Doctors of Philosophy, professor( 6 females) 351 Candidates of Science, docent, 73 Docents ( Higher Attestation Commission ) ( 148 females) 193 seniors ( 123 females) 318 teacher assistants at the university. All the members of the University are qualified specialists. The total number of the students enrolled at the faculty is 20628. 10236 students are enrolled as full-time students. 10329 students are enrolled as part-time students. Also, 874 students study by the Presidential quota, among them there are 515 girls. 867 students studying by Presidential quota are full-time students and 7 of them are part-time students. In 2010 the amount of the students enrolled on full-time basis at the university was 8151 which increased by 1023 in 2018. It proves the preference and the rank of the University.This progress reflects the part-time department too, as it involves both local and foreign candidates. The place and the role of the University are great in this sphere. 3509 students entered the university in 2018 and 2019. 2898 students were enrolled through National Testing Center of the Republic of Tajikistan. The university accepted 185 applicants through Presidential quota, 8 applicants are accepted through presidential quota from Murgab Region, 2 of the applicants are accepted through DIA quota. Moreover, 368 applicants are foreign citizens, 11 of them are the citizens of Kazakhstan Republic, the mother tongue of whom is Tajik, 23 of them are from Kyrgyz Republic and 1 of them is from Afghanistan. There are 13 orphans among these foreign applicants.It should be mentioned, that the number of applicants increased and is 248 students more than the last year. The university makes every effort to train different specialists in diverse spheres. The number of the graduates is increasing year by year which is one of the ways of preventing the lack of specialist in the society. In 2018, 4546 graduates graduated the university with different specializations, which is 564 graduates more than the last year.
The university has close corporation with national and international scientific centers and institutions. Academy of science of the Republic of Tajikistan is a good example of corporation with other foreign and local institutions.
As the result of a qualitative study of the Russian language approximately 10 master degree researchers working on various fields of study, such as: linguistics, the study of the peculiarities of English and Russian terminology, the methods of teaching Russian and Tajik under the supervision of the University scientists.
The university uses new teaching methods to improve speaking skills of the students.From the beginning of 2018 according to the instructions of the President of the University all subjects are conducted by use of modern technology, especially it refers in terms of teaching Russian and English subjects. The results of this method are considered to be effective. Also, it should be mentioned that teaching Russian is well conducted by the departments for special purposes. In January 2018, there was organized an Olympiad among different faculties, and the students of the departments for special purposes showed good linguistic skills. There are phonetic studies at the university, which help to create language atmosphere. The departments of Russian philology conduct a number ofseminars where young specialists present their research work and improve their language skills. These seminars are one of the ways to meet the standard requirements of preparing young Russian language specialists. Education department with the administrations of the faculties participate in the process of working of graduates. Education department together with the committee of academic-methodic staff observes the lessons of young teachers and advise them to organize lesson-lecture, lesson-dialogue, lesson-conversation. Academic classes of Master Degree students absorb the department and it creates a required environment to have better learning conditions: such as curriculum, syllabus, study-manuals and available resources. University teachers participate in ETM Mentor Program to improve and develop their professional skills. In 2018 more than 150 scientific articles dedicated to learning the English language were published.
Education department consists of such branches:
- Vice-president of academic affairs;
- Education department;
- Controlling and monitoring department;
- Distance learning department;
- Registration and consulting center;
- Testing office;
- Preparatory courses department ;
- Media office ;
- practice and working with young specialists department.
The list of achievements in the sphere of education:
- establishment of Uzbek faculty within the method of learning Uzbek language and literature department
- on the basis of Economic, Analysis and Statistic Department the establishment of Economic and Credit and World Economy department
- on the basis of Archeology and Ethnography the establishment of the Department of National History and Archeology and all-university departments of National History
- Teaching hours, confirmation, teachers’ load have changed into electronic version this year
- The software of teachers’ load was redesigned
- Designing of a new academic curriculum and syllabus
- Designing the new electronic time-table
- Designing the new program for accepting foreign citizens.
- Designing the term process in electronic version
- Connection of distance learning faculty in Jabbor Rasulov to the University
- Calculating the teaching hours online
- Uploading documents ofdepartments online
- Establishment of psychological consulting and professional development of thinking skills on the basis of Social Psychology Department
- To arrange republican academic-methodic conference. “The main problems of modern linguistics”
- Establishment of 10 more specialtiesin new academic year
- Establishment of the laboratory of “development of an early child”within the faculty of pedagogy
- Establishment of academic magazine ( journal) “Rahnamoi Omuzgor”
- On the basis of politic and cultural departments the establishment of two new departments: Politics Department and Culture studies Department.