The faculty of Oriental languages is one of the youngest one in the University. Initially it was established as a sub-department of Tajik Philology faculty but later in 2002 in was converted into the faculty of Oriental languages by the order of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Tajikistan. The faculty owes its early existence and gradual development to the candidate of science Gafforova U. A., Giyasov N.I., Zohidov N., Raupov A., the graduates of Tajik State University who have worked hard in promotion of the faculty. Basically there were two other reasons that stimulated the process of the organization of the faculty:
- the support of the University authorities and particularly, the former rector, late S.A. Abdulloev and his disciple N.Salimov who initiated the faculty foundation
- signing the agreement between the University and the International Charity Organization “Taiba”
The representatives of this Organization Amin Muhammad Abdulloh Khalafulloh, Abdulloh Hamdan, Muhammad Sodiq Avaz, Yosir Muhammad, M.Shannavi, Umar Yusuf Sharru taught Arabic as native speakers of the language in the faculty. At present docent N.Giyasov has been running the faculty.
- the department of Arabic-Tajik languages
- the department of Arabic-English languages
- the department of Chinese – Persian languages
- the Chair of Arabic Grammar
- the chair of Arabic Philology
- the Chair of Modern Persian Language
- the Chair of Tajik Language and Literature
- the Chair of English language
The outstanding scholars like the member of the AS of RT, professor Salimov N.Yu, doctors-professors N.Zohidov, A.Nasriddinov, A.Hasanov, U.Gafforova, Z. Gafforova, R. Samadova, candidates of science, docents N. Giyasov, T. Vahhobov, N. Juraev etc. are successfully teaching diverse courses at this faculty.